Save the Date
13th & 14th November 2019 - Trendington
A European Discussion around the hottest trends in science and technology
Explore our Periodic Table of Trends
Visit Our Interactive Periodic Table To Discover The Latest Technology Trends That Could Shape Our Would And Impact You.
Do you want to influence the future of European Technology?
45 really hot technology trends have been pre-validated, and we are now getting feedback around them from multidisciplinary experts. The result is aimed at directly influencing research funding policy at the European Level for the coming years.
Participate in the open consultation for the identification and prioritation of most promising emerging trends with highest impact potential in Science, Technology and Society!
09 responses so far
23 responses so far
335 responses so far
Energy, Environment & Climate Change
How where the 45 pre-validated trends detected?
We run a Top-Process with, so far, the following steps:
- Human-based detection of signals;
- AI-based analysis of signals and building of pre-validated FET trends;
- Human-based refining of pre-validated trends / Detection of players and sub-trends.
The result from these 3 first steps is a (1st version) list of high-probability FET trends, that will be kept alife by continuously updating and enriching it. Then, there are 3 extra steps:
- Open consultation, in which you can take part from 24/06/2019 until the end of October;
- (In prallel to 4) Mapping amongst FET trends and UNO’s Sustainable Development Goals, for leveraging the RRI perspective (Responsible Research and Innovation);
- Organisation of the Trendington with experts to select the 15 most promising trends within the FET context.
Additionally, we have Bottom-processes for each of these steps. In relation to the second step, titled “AI-based analysis of signals and building of pre-validated FET trends”, the added-value brought by AI is summarized in:
- It gives very relevant input to the labelling sub-process (building trend titles from signals);
- It gives crucial/key input for a data-based pre-validation of trends, to be complemeted with the human-based validation within the open consultation. On the one hand, a multi-variable scoreboard allows us managing the subjective nature of FET trends and uncertainity behind technology foresight. On the other hand, it is complemented with a multi-query process, through which loops of ontology-enriched queries are launched to Linknovate’s platform(one of PREFET’s Partners) in order to detect flaws, strenghts, experts, relationships… Through this process, the platform also helps identifying relevant key-words that make more effective queries.
What is the Trendington?
A biannual event convening researchers and other stakeholders around prioritised long-term technology trends with potential impact over UNO’s Social Development Goals.
More information here.